Hi, My Loves∼
So as you all know I am turning 50 in about a week. That’s a big one. It actually seems surreal.
You know how people often say, “Oh you don’t look like you’re 30, 40 or 50!” Like what exactly does any age look like? I am not sure what 50 should look or feel like. I guess it feels exactly how I feel right now.
And I feel pretty awesome. In a great place. I love my job. I have an amazing family. A nice circle of friends. I have health most importantly, but I feel like, and maybe some of you guy feel same- I feel like there are so many things I haven’t done. So I have compiled a list of things I want to do this year, experiences I want to have, places I want to go.
I’ve been really thinking about things I’ve always wanted to do and have not done yet. So in commemoration of my blogs one year anniversary – here is my list of 50 things I want to do in my 50s. (And these are not in any particular order of importance.)
- Do more yoga. Like aside from the physical I would like to know yoga with my spirit.
- Go to Maine and eat lobster.
- Move to a nicer, bigger place. Maybe even become a homeowner.
- Skydive, though I don’t know if I’ll actually do it.
- Go to Europe, I’ve never been.
- Blog more. At least once a week. Really grow my blog and hopefully do some influencing.
- Write. Start writing that book. About what? I’m not sure yet.
- Probably take some writing lessons in order to write that book.
- Run a marathon.
- Sell at least 5 homes this year.
- Go visit Graceland. I am a huge Elvis fan.
- Become debt free.
- Go on a family vacation with my girls and grandkids – something as simple as the shore.
- Volunteer more.
- Take a road trip cross country.
- Meditate more.
- Create a meditating space at home.
- Find a Buddhist temple near me and engage in some learning.
- Read more books- hard copies!
- Spend more time with my mom. Create some kind of a tradition/ritual with her.
- Journal EVERYDAY.
- Write a letter to Oprah. Don’t ask. Hopefully get a response.
- More self-care things like monthly massages and/or facials.
- Grow my hair and possibly let it gray naturally.
- Declutter. Really live minimally.
- See my dad more often.
- Learn some basic photography.
- Start a Vlog
- Send birthday cards to people instead of a social media post.
- Work out at least 5 times a week
- Move away from Facebook.
- Speak more Spanish to my grandbabies.
- Maybe learn another language – I love Portuguese, BUT I know some Italian, sooo maybe.
- Apply to be on a game show – I’ve done this several times (never made it) – the freaking application for Wheel of Fortune is insane.
- Play in the rain/mud.
- Spend more time down the shore
- Live a healthier lifestyle overall
- Learn how to swim finally!
- Quit drinking alcohol.
- Go parasailing.
- Take tango lessons.
- Create a daily practice of journaling, meditating, exercising, and eating healthy.
- Be kinder to people – smile more (guilty of RBF). LOL!
- Build my family tree (I did my DNA and it was sooo interesting).
- Go ziplining again – IT was amazing.
- Visit an ashram.
- Visit more bookstores.
- Celebrate NYE on an island somewhere.
Isn’t this list amazing? Now listen, clearly I can’t do all of this in ONE year, but you best believe I am starting.
I will reflect on this list throughout this year and make sure I am making moves to check off these 50 items off my bucket list in my 50s.
What’s on your list of things to do? You don’t have to wait until your 30, 40 or 50 to start your list and to start checking off those things that stir your soul.
Life is so short and in my almost 50 years, I’ve seen how quickly a life is snuffed out whether to disease or accident. I have been blessed thus far and I’ve done a lot, but there is more I want to do and plan to do!
Someone I knew once said, “Don’t wait for another day or another hour or another time. Go and Do It. Now” – Kyrzayda –
So just watch me guys! Here’s to 50!
Happy birthday to me!
Thanks for stopping by and reading. Make sure to like, comment, share and follow!